Sunday 31 January 2016

Why Book Ambrosia?



Okay, so you are all probably wondering why I have changed to name of my blog. Firstly, my last name for this blog kinda sucked... Like seriously! novel.book.blog isn't even creative and has way too many full stops for my liking. 
Secondly, I feel as though this blog is now a part of me and I don't want it to have a mediocre name. 

Now that you know why I wanted to change my blog name, I will now tell you how I came up with the new name...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*enter me and my mother - shopping at a kitchen shop, looking for a glass jug*
I was looking around the shop, trying to find a nice jug for a party that we were hosting for some friends and their families. 
Me - "Oh mum that jug looks nice!"
*points to fancy looking jug*
Mum - "Check how much it is"
*I check its price - place it down and walk away slowly* 
Me - "Too much money for something to poor water! But it was so nice looking and had such a cool name!"
(It was called an ambrosia jug)
Me - "I like the word ambrosia..."
*I have a fabulous idea for a new blog name*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Basically that's how it went down. 
I have always loved Greek mythology and ambrosia is the elixir of the Gods, thus I thought it would be a really cool blog name! Add the word book at the beginning and we have a winner!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for reading! Make sure to keep an eye out for my blog post on the 05/01/16 that will be a review/promo post for an awesome sounding book: The Girl and the Gargoyle by Pauline Gruber.

Until next time, keep reading!

-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment