Friday 15 January 2016

SHADOWHUNTERS Episode 1...


Okay, so wow. I have a lot of emotions and feels going on in my head at the moment. I legitimately finished watching the first episode of the Shadow Hunters like 3 minutes before I started writing this post. Let me just say WOW!
I am so freakin' excited about this series! It is defensively a new all time favorite! 
To be completely honest, I had really low expectations for this series when I first saw the trailer. Which you can watch below:


I personally haven't actually completed the first book in this series... I know, I know! I am honestly so ashamed of myself! Like what kind of book lover am I if I haven't even finished the book!?! 
But I have still read enough of it to cover all the events that happen in the first episode, so yay! I am not behind in my reading yet! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Now lets get into the fun, critical analysis of the character part of this post!!! 

Clary: I found that I personally liked actress from the movie, Lily Collins, as Clary more. I mainly liked that her hair color looked more natural. But, over the duration of this episode, I felt as though I grew to like the new actress. 

Jace: I actually LOVE this new Jace! Like he is seriously way more accurate and to be honest hot than the movie version of Jace. I also like the way that he is portrayed better in the TV series and that he is way more natural looking. Overall, I'm a big fan of the new Jace!
(As a side note, I was just looking for pictures of Jace and just found out that he is Christian from Vampire Academy!!! Like WOW! Also check out his eyes! ) 

Magnus: I actually really liked the actor that portray's Magnus from what I have watched so far. He hasn't made that much of an appearance but I feel as though both the movie and the TV show Magnus have done the book justice. 

Simon: I really liked the character Simon and love the portrayal of his relationship with Clary. Funniest irony moment when Clary and him are talking about love that is right in front of you and he is just sitting there like, "Okay, yea Clary, I know nothing about unreciprocated love..."

Luke: This character was so different to the movie, but I feel as though both of the actors really pulled off the Luke character successfully. Overall, I liked him!

Alec: He didn't really play a major part in this first episode, but I did feel as though his actions and the way e looked were dead on. Especially the way he got jealous about Jace and Clary. 

Isabelle: I was so very happy to find that she looked perfect for the role. Her hair and style is dead on. I did feel as though she was a little too nice to Clary, Isabelle is meant to be an absolute bitch... But otherwise she was all good! 

Jocelyn: I though that Jocelyn was not entirely who I would have picked to play the role... I preferred Clary's mum from the movie, but I think that similarly to Clary, this actress could grow on me. I just have to mention how cool it was when she stood facing away from the camera and the sword came out! So cool!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Okay, so that is a totally random post about me emotions about the first episode of the SHADOWHUNTERS! Overall, I am quite pleased with the cast and acting, and I am looking forward to continuing to watch this show in the future (thank gosh, Netflix has a new episode being aired each week!).

Until next time, keep reading (and watching SHADOWHUNTERS!)
-novel.book.blog

No comments:

Post a Comment