Wednesday 6 January 2016

Book girl talks the movie - Percy Jackson

 VS

All I can say is that it is pretty obvious that Percy Jackson would be one of my first book-turned-movie to compare and talk about. I started reading the Percy Jackson when I was 9 or 10 and I have been completely in love with Greek mythology ever since. I am even taking ancient history as a school subject because of how much I love Greek mythology. Because of this I bet that you can understand why I was so distressed about the movie. Now, don't get me wrong, the movie is actually really good if you haven't read the books. Heck, some of my friends who aren't as big of Percy Jackson as me, yet had still read the books liked it. But because of my own, personal, opinion I found that the book did not reach my expectations. 
Lets get into my first "book girl talks the movie" on Percy Jackson. 

This quote right here is something to live by in this modern day society. All great books tend to be turned into movies and most of the time the book is not done justice. 
Sometimes as a book-o-holic I face a lot of challenges and emotional distress when I watch a movie that is based upon a book I am obsessed with. For instance a few of my emotions are:
"WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!??!?!??!"
"THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!!"
"PERCY JACKSON IS 12 NOT 17!!!!!!"
"WHAT THE HELL?!? ANNABETH'S HAIR IS MEANT TO BE BLONDE! WHO IS THE IMPOSER???" 
*takes a few minutes to get over rant before continuing to write this post* 

Sometimes all I want to do is hunt down the casting director, throw the book in their face and run away screaming READ THE BOOK!

#READ THE BOOK
But alas, apparently that is considered abuse or attacking a (not-so-innocent) person. Then after I take a few minutes to calm down I realise this is not the answer. By throwing a book at someone's head, the only thing that I could accomplish is hurting the book. And to be honest I would NEVER hurt a book!
Through a calming mantra that I came up with myself to help my mum get through difficult times (like going clothes shopping with my sister), I find that I can get through almost anything. The saying used alliteration and calming words... Yoga, Yoda and Yogurt!
I hope you are laughing right now and not just thinking that I am a strange freak... So, I couldn't come up with another Y-word that was calming after yoga and yoda. So I improvised... *gives the computer screen awkward thumbs us and toothy grin!*

So I feel as though this post is more of a rant, rather than me actually talking about the movie and the book. But to be honest, I really don't care. I enjoyed writing this and that is all this blog is about. I know that this blog will probably never really grow to be super popular, sure that would be cool. But as long as I enjoy what I post that is all that matters. I hope that you enjoyed this and have found a great mantra to help you get through hard times. 
Until next time, keep reading!
-novel.book.blog

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, yeah there's so much different between the movies and the book - I have no idea how they even managed to make a second movie from how much the first movie veered off track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am completely and utterly baffled by the fact that they could make a second movie too! It was kind of funny how in the second movie they attempted to make Annabeth a blonde, but alas, it was too late and the damage was done! Haha, thank you so much for commenting!

      Delete