Thursday 14 January 2016

The Killer Contract Agency review - written by Jessica Samuels

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Okay, so before I get into sharing my personal opinions of this book I just want to say that all opinions that I state are completely mine and I ALWAYS state my absolute, honest opinion. The opinions that I state, in no way set in stone what this book is actually like. Some people may love one book and other people may no like it, everything is down to personal preference. So please keep it in mind that I never try and bash a book or an author, I simply state my opinion. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
After having her life literally goes down in flames by the hand of a murdering alien species, known as the Malians, Salina is set on getting her revenge. When she is saved from being burnt alive by an honest to goodness fallen-angel, she is recruited to become a hunter by The Killer Contract Agency. Through the powers that a magical bracelet gives her, Salina quickly becomes a skilled hunter.
But something is not right, hunters are disappearing and turning up dead. It is up to Salina to harness her new abilities and save day...
That should be easy for someone with a magical bracelet... Right?


(Book 1 in The Killer Contract Agency series: The Killer Contract Agency by Jessica Samuels)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Jessica Samuels on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:
I had some very mixed emotions about this book... 
For starters I loved all of the magical elements that were included in the story, but I really felt as though too much was attempted to be included in this book. For instance the fact that there was an alien race and hunters that killed all the rouge aliens was so EPIC! But the fact that there was a magical bracelet that could make the hunter be able to control plants, have telekinesis, magically change clothes and so on felt like way too much. 
I also felt as though there was not enough character development, throughout the course of the whole book I didn't grow attached to any of the characters and just kind of felt like I was watching from the sidelines instead of being immersed within the book. 
Additionally, the story seemed to be really rushed, it felt as if the book took course over the duration of 3 days and I just felt as though this one book could have been split into three and had more detail added. 
Because of the rushed story line the book as a whole just felt very anticlimactic. 
But I must say that although I didn't personally love the book, it did have some very cool plot ideas. 

Quote of the book:
A bracelet with super powers? Sign me up, please, especially since it involved me kicking alien ass. - Salina
Books in the series:

  1. The Killer Contract Agency 
  2. Retribution is Mine

Book recommendation (something a little different):
If you would like to try reading a book a little different to this, try reading Unleashed by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie. Unleashed is quite different to The Killer Contract Agency, but is commonly about a girl who discovers that she is more than meets the eye. 

Read the full summary of the first book in the Wolf Springs Chronicals, Unleashed by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie on this Goodreads link.


Star rating (out of 5):
Unfortunately, due to me not being the biggest fan of this book I will have to give it a rating of 2/5 stars. Please, always keep in mind that although one person may not like a book that doesn't mean you wont like it. It is best for me to express my true opinion of a book instead of giving a fake review and leading a potential reader on to believe that the book may be something that is may or may not be. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was really hard for me to write this review as this is the first book I have been sent to review that I personally have found to not really be to my liking. I have no doubt that there are may other people out there who would love to read this book. But personally I did not find it to be my favorite. A thanks and mention is in order for YA Bound Book Tours for sending me this book, it was a great opportunity to read and review a new YA novel. 

Until next time, keep reading!
-novel.book.blog

No comments:

Post a Comment