Sunday 17 January 2016

The Infinite Sea review - written by Rick Yancey

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
Trying to decide your next move when a checkmate is inevitable and your opponent is literally an out of this world being, really sucks, to say the least... 
After saving her brother, Cassie and her companions have ultimately one goal. Survive and regroup. But with the uncertainty regarding if Even is even alive or if they can survive the winter, time is running out. 
Join the survivors on an amazing journey through a world taken over by aliens...



(Book 2 in The 5th Wave series: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Rick Yancey on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:
I am the biggest fan of the 5th Wave series! I absolutely adored the first book and cannot wait to go and watch the movie (although all of us book fans know that "the book is always better"). 
I am normally not a fan of reading a book where over two different POV's (point of view's) present. But similarly to the first book, Rick Yancey doesn't just pull it off, he dominates this form of writing. Initially, I was quite disappointed that not much of the book was written in Cassie's POV, but I have found that I really like the character Ringer. Ringer is seriously kick-ass and I love the way she is a fighter and always thinks everything through. 
This was a truly enjoyable read and I am so happy to have read this book! I cannot wait for the third book in the series, The Last Star to be published on May the 24th, 2016 (which is this year people!!!)

Quote of the book:

I am more than the sum of my fear. - Ringer 
Books in the series:
  1. The 5th Wave
  2. The Infinite Sea 
  3. The Last Star 

If you like... then try...:

If you enjoyed the 5th Wave series I HIGHLY recommend the LUX series! The LUX series is similarly based around aliens. I absolutely adore both of these series and if you like one you will differently like the other!

Read the full summary of the first book in the LUX series, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armatrout on this Goodreads link.

Star rating (out of 5):
Although I liked this book, in my opinion the first book in the series, The 5th Wave, was so much better than this one. That is why I give this book a rating of 3.75/5 stars. Don't get me wrong, this was a great book, but I feel like it lacked the action that I was expecting and the whole book in itself didn't really go anywhere. Still, absolutely amazing book!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Make sure to read the first book in this amazing series and to go and check out the movie in cinemas. But as a book lover, I recommend reading the book first! Here is the movie trailer, enjoy!



Until next time, keep reading!
-novel.book.blog

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about Rick Yancey's books + the movie is coming out, I definitely have to check out these books someday... Love the review! :D Especially how you used a decimal point in the rating - we all know how hard it can be to rate books!
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommenced this series! Thanks so much, it seriously does get hard when reviewing book and they just need those extra few decimal places to get across their true rating. Haha, thanks again!

      Delete