Thursday 10 November 2016

Uninvited review - written by Sophie Jordan

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
In a society where your DNA is the single thing that could ruin your life and your future, what are you meant to do? You can't change your DNA...
Davy is the golden girl, destined for great things, everyone loves her. Her family, her friends and especially her boyfriend. But what happened when the golden girl tests positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome? More commonly known as HTS or the "kill gene." Uninvited from her prep school and suddenly losing everyone and everything that was once close to her, Davy is thrown into a special class for HTS carriers. She couldn't be more different, especially from Sean, who's "H" tattoo is proof of his dark past. But in a world where no one is to be trusted, why is she beginning to trust the one person she shouldn't be...


(Uninvited by Sophie Jordan)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Sophie Jordan on this Goodreads link.

Personal opinion on the book:
This book was down right the most though provoking novel I have read in a very long time! Not only does this book address so many social and cultural issues, but it does it in such a way that make it interesting for a person who doesn't normally care about politics. This book left me stunned! I was in awe of Sophie Jordan's writing and this novels concept just added to the perfection of it's execution....
Literally, I must applaud Sophie Jordan. Knowing me, I am typically only interested in fantasy and YA literature and although this book was exactly that, it was not the cliche novel that was completely predictable. Right up until the very end of this book I was reeling in the way that this book was just so unanticipated and I was very impressed in the way that Sophie Jordan was able to keep Davy's innocent nature, while still showing a compassionate side and not 'babying' this character. It was great to see how the characters grew and I was very impressed by the fact that minor characters were not forgotten. 
Overall, this book was just truly astounding and I was just so impressed with the well though out story line and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book due to the issues that are indirectly addressed while still keeping up the enjoyable vibe of a YA dystopian novel! 

Star rating (out of 5):
This book was incredibly thought provoking and offered me the opportunity to read an amazing book while still having the chance to investigate many of the social, racial and political issues that are relevent today. Being someone who isn't the most interested in politics, this was a big change for me and I highly enjoyed reading this book. Thus, I give this book a star rating of 4/5 stars!

Books in the series:
  1. Uninvited
  2. Unleashed
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After coming across a blog (called BASS - you should check it out HERE!) and becoming more active on social media lately, I have re-realized my passion for this blog and I now know how much joy reading books and reviewing them brings to me. When I am stressed, just hoping on my blog and writing up a post help clears my head and make me feel better. So, I am going to be 100% more active on my blog from now on! Even iif it just behind the screen work where I re-code some HTML or if I am writing up a post. You can be prepared to see a lot of stuff happening right here on my blog! 
Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for some really exciting posts!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment