Sunday 13 November 2016

Betrothed review - written by Wanda Wiltshire

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
Amy Smith has always felt like she doesn't belong. Like she doesn't quite fit in with the world around her - she doesn't even feel like she fits her own name. 
So when Amy starts dreaming of a male voice calling out to a girl named "Marla," she doesn't know why she feels like she is the one being called for. 
One night when the darkness of her dreams clear, she finally meets Lief and their forbidden love that follows is one that will change both their worlds... 


(Betrothed by Wanda Wiltshire)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Wanda Wiltshire on this Goodreads link.

Personal opinion on the book:
Straight up, the first thing I must acknowledge is just how incredible this book cover is! It legitimately shimmers in the light and is the beacon of hope while I am too busy fan-girling over how beautiful this book is!
I actually received this book from my cousin, who went to Super Nova and got is signed by Wanda Wiltshire (the author)! And it is just so amazingly cool! 
Now to the actual review...
Regardless of how amazing this books cover is, I just wasn't the biggest fan. I spent the majority of the time I was reading this book doing one of two things...
1) Wishing I had a fae boyfriend who would teach me to fly - like seriously! Flying would be epic!
2) Wishing that the main character Amy/Marla would become more independent. Your a strong independent fae and you ain't need no man!
But actually... Ever since I was young my mum has always provided me with amazing book that feed my passion to read. But the highlight of these book was the fact that they had a strong female character who was always powerful and self-dependent. 
Amy/Marla's relationship with Lief felt obsessive and bland. I felt like there was no genuine connection and that they had no development in their relationship. 
And apart from their relationship, it feels like there was not much else happening in the book... 
Overall, the book is still an enjoyable read, but lacked the story development that I normally wish for in the books I read. 

Star rating (out of 5):
This book was pretty to look at and was an enjoyable read. But personally, it wasn't my favorite due to the lack of story line and character development. Overall, I give this book a star rating of 2/5 stars.



Books in the series:
  1. Betrothed
  2. Allegiance
  3. Confused
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Whoo! I am so proud of myself! I have been active AF lately! 
Please checkout my twitter or comment below! I love to talk to you!
Question: Have you read a book with a stunning cover lately? Which book was it?
Comment below! 

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment