Saturday 26 November 2016

How Harry Potter is Educational

↠ How Harry Potter is Educational ↞

Two days ago I had to sit in a crowded room full of teenagers, remain silent for a solid 5 hours and also practice for the test that may decide my very future. No pressure or anything...
And on top of this I am given 2 hours to write a piece of art, that is 600-800 words (about the size of a English assignment). 

BUT! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, the writing stimulus was about HARRY POTTER! 
Seriously! What are the chances that I am about to write any form of writing that I want, including a review, and the stimulus was Harry Potter?!?


I have trained my whole life for this! 
Thus, for today's post, I will be discussing the way that Harry Potter is a benefit for your education!




Luckily enough for me, on the weekend I had decided to venture outside of my reading world and brave the (slightly sticky and very gross) movie cinemas. And the movie that I had decided was worth watching was none other than a movie set in the Harry Potter world, Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them. 
Now, you may be thinking: Shelbi, it is a total coincidence that you watched a Harry Potter based movie and got Harry Potter stimulus in a writing practice. Maybe you should go and study. 
And my response to that is: Firstly, I will not go study, because my school finishes in three days anyway. And secondly, it was sooo not a coincidence! I am actually Psychic! I swear, things happen for a reason and I was meant to watch that movie! 



Now, you may be thinking that my logic in why I am Psychic is flawed, but if you need more proof, here it is! 

I had last Thursday off of school (due to exam block and a free day - no I wouldn't wag school!). So all Thursday I sat at home and relaxed. Thus lead to my decision to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. 

After watching this movie, I was inspired. 
In a Harry Potter fan girl phase, I rushed to my laptop, eager to watch Harry Potter videos. Of which I was able to find plenty of! 

The following day, I opened my exam stimulus and saw a picture of a book with the word "Harry Potter" in the writing, I immediately knew what I was to write about! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Any who, thanks so much for reading my blog! 
I have to hand in my laptop to get updated in two days, and I am not sure when I will get it back. But I will make sure that I keep posting on my blog as much as I can!

Question: Have you read the Harry Potter series? What are your thoughts? 

(BTW - I have never read the series before and am thinking of starting it soon, just want to hear your thoughts!)

Until next time, keep reading!
- Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment