Thursday 17 November 2016

Queen of Shadows review - Sarah J. Maas | Favourite Fan-art


↠ Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas 

Read the full summary and check out other books by Sarah J. Maas on this Goodreads link.

Quick overview:
Amy Smith has always felt like she doesn't belong. Like she doesn't quite fit in with the world around her - she doesn't even feel like she fits her own name. 
So when Amy starts dreaming of a male voice calling out to a girl named "Marla," she doesn't know why she feels like she is the one being called for. 
One night when the darkness of her dreams clear, she finally meets Lief and their forbidden love that follows is one that will change both their worlds... 

Personal opinion on the book:
This book literally killed me! I could not put this book down! And when I did put it down, it was only because I couldn't breathe. This book was the most gut wrenching thing I have ever read. I seriously believe that Sarah J. Maas is actually a super human. These book will go down in history and I am so pleased that I was able to read it...

The book it's self, similarly to most of Maas' other novels has incredible and amazing plot and character development. Which is the number one thing I look for in a book. 
I am the BIGGEST FAN of the multiple POV's (point of views) and I can say that my emotions were taken on a roller coaster during the progression of the book. 
Things that really surprised me about this book was the fact that characters who I used to love, I now hate and (slightly gruesomely) planned their death's... I don't want to be too much of a spoiler, but one character, *cough* Choal *cough* deserves to be eaten by Lysandra... 
But, more importantly, lets talk about my Manon. Below is the most stunning image of my darling. Although in this review I am not going to discuss all of the characters and events that take place. I just have to mention my favorite moment, when Manon and Aelin fight. It is truly the best moment in the book and what happens at the end of the fight left me is shock, a fit of fan-girl giggles and a huge smile. 

And since this post has turned into me fan girling over fan art of Sarah J. Maas' books as well as Monon, I decided to make a list of my favorite Sarah J. Maas books fan art of all time! Below is my favorite fan art of Sarah J. Maas' book series, Throne of Glass and a Court of Thorns and Roses. Enjoy and comment your favorite image! Lets chat!

My FAVORITE Fan Art (Sarah J. Maas books):
This is something you need hours and a lot of zooming to fully appreciate, so I will just leave Charlie Bowater's Inner Circle painting right here...
- A Court of Mist and Fury | art by Charlie Bowater

Cassian, his wings and tattoo's, here to bless your computer screens...
- A Court of Mist and Fury |art by Charlie Bowater

Aelin and her scars. But seriously look at how well draw that face is! This is exactly how I pictured her!
- Heir of Fire | art by Coralie Jubenot

Well... I'll be damned. I just don't know how someone does such beautiful and realistic looking art! 
- A Court of Mist and Fury | art by by Charlie Bowater

Yes, this is real. And yes, I cried when I saw it. My beautiful ROAELIN ship!
- Queen of Shadows | art by Shalizeh7 on Tumblr

This is down right the most beautiful art work I have ever seen in my life, everything about this is just perfect! My little Rhys and Feyre are stunning!
- A Court of Mist and Fury | art by Coralie Jubenot

Star rating (out of 5):
I have nothing left to say, apart from the fact that this book was incredible and I wish there was a word stronger than love... If it isn't obvious by now, I give this book a star rating of 5/5 stars.


Books in the series:
  1. Throne of Glass
  2. Crown of Midnight
  3. Heir of Fire
  4. Queen of Shadows
  5. Empire of Storms
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I have been messing around with the formatting of my blog a lot lately, and I am thinking of maybe redesigning my banner and possibly coming up with some art that will be a replacement of those five little squiggly line that I have above... 
Question: Do you think I should redesign my banner? If so, do you have any ideas?
Comment below! 

On another note, I have just been notified that I have to hand my laptop in for it to get software update. So basically, I am going to be completely without a laptop on the upcoming summer holidays! AND I AM DEVASTATED! I am going to have to result to using the family desktop (which is so slow and old) to update my blog! 
I am literally so close to just going out and buying myself a new laptop. Just for the soul purpose of being able to post on my blog!!!
Rant over, but I am still so upset that I may be 7-8 weeks without my laptop... 

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment