Monday 28 March 2016

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children review - written by Ramsom Riggs | Movie Trailer and Review

Recently, after I arrived home from school and sat myself into the passenger side of my mum's car, I couldn't even get out my usual "How was your day?" Before my mum excitedly asked my if I had checked my facebook. 
Slightly confused I replied with a no and asked a hesitant "why?..."
My mum proceed to tell me to quickly check my facebook on my phone and look at the awesome movie she had 'shared' with me. 

All I though was: Okay then, the parentals... They are evolving!!!

Once I finally managed to get my phones finger scanner to work and turn on my mobile data, I could see I had a notification. (Mum) has tagged you in a post. 



Clicking on the facebook app, I waited for the movie trailer to load. And up popped the banner:


Basically, lets just say that I have heard a LOT about this book and an honestly so excited to watch the trailer. Clicking play as fast as I could I waited for the movie to load. (The trailer is below!)


Now we have all seen this trailer... OMG HOW AMAZING IS IT!?! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As soon as I had finished watching this trailer, it was official... I MUST READ THIS BOOK! So when my mum asked me what I would like for Easter, I immediately said that I would like Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ramsom Riggs. And, my mum, being the amazing person she is, gave me this book!

After I had finished reading this book I still think that the movie will be amazing, although they did change one major thing in the movie which is totally different to the book. The female lead, Emma is meant to have the peculiarity of fire, but in the movie she has the peculiarity over air... After re-watching the trailer (again!) I found that this change can actually work... Sure I wish it didn't happen, but this change will actually not ruin the movie. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:

Jacob's grandfather has always told him amazing stories, and they are just that, stories... At least that is what Jacob believes until his grandfather is killed by one of these 'stories.' After having his family and friend (as in singular) rule him off as being crazy, the only way for Jacob to move on is to follow the hints that his grandfather left him. This clues brought him to an island where strange and mysterious things lead him back in time and to the place where all of his grandfathers 'stories' originated from... Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
But acting as a contrary to the homes outward oasis appearance, there are evils that plan on destroying these children and unleashing monsters that will stop at nothing to ruin everything. 


(Book 1 in Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ramsom Riggs)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Ramsom Riggs on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:

If you have read basically anything I have said in this post it would be pretty obvious that I am completely obsessed with this book and also I recommend this to every single person ever! I honestly thought that this book would contain horror, but it was nothing like that. It was written amazingly and had just the perfect amount of fantasy. I also LOVE how that author Random Riggs included photography flawlessly into the story line of the book. INCREDIBLE BOOK!

Quote of the book:
I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was. -  Jacob
Books in the series:
  1. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
  2. Hollow City
  3. Library of Souls  
Star rating (out of 5):
This book is easy my favorite book at the moment, so it is no surprise that I give is a rating of 5/5 stars. I will just say one more time that this was an absolutely amazing book!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for reading this, I hope you enjoyed how I wrote this review a little differently to how I normally do. This is an amazing book and I think it will also be a fantastic movie. 
I highly recommend reading the book before the movie and also make sure to keep an eye out for my post 'Book Girl Talks The Movie' after I watch the movie!

Until next time, keep reading!

-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment