Monday 7 March 2016

Blackheath review - written by Gabriella Lepore

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
Maggie and Joel used to be playmates, but since they hit their teens that have never really gotten along. Now throw in the fact that Maggie is curse and Joel is a witch.... Things are about to get interesting. 



(Blackheath by Gabriella Lepore)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Gabriella Lepore on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:
Ummm guys, my heart is NOT okay! I am shipping so hard right now! Like, UHGGGGGG! I ship Joel and Maggie and I also ship Joel and Evan (in a brotherly way), their bro-mance is so cute! And poor Joel just want to be with his brother and Evan is being pulled away by his magical duties. But Joel and Maggie are just the best thing I have read in forever! I actually had to stop reading for a second to get my heart to stop having and attack! (that was my lame way of saying I just about had a heart attack!)

Okay, so to be honest I didn't really know what to expect coming into this book... But let me just say that I LOVED this book. It was a really cool new way of viewing witches, with the guy having magic and the girl being normal. 

The only flaw I could find in this book is that fact that Joel was willing to die for Maggie, like seriously!? The only thing I would be willing to die for would be pizza and books (of course)!

Quote of the book:

By the way, of course I’ll help you. - Joel
Star rating (out of 5):
INCREDIBLE book! I loved it so much and give it a star rating of 4.8/5 stars! Seriously, just can't even deal! I loved this book that much! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for checking out this review! I just wanted to briefly mention that I recently read another book by Gabriella Lepore and found that I personally didn't really like it. But I am so unbelievably happy that I gave this book a try and read it because I am absolutly in LOVE with this book. 
Just wanted to get it out there to always give things a second chance (unless it is something like a cheating boyfriend or getting the lid off a peanut butter jar!)
Haha, thanks again! Love you all and make sure to check out my Curse of the Sphinx post to WIN a FREE book and ARC!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting today! Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Loved this incredible book so much!

      Delete