Thursday 31 March 2016

Five High School Dialogues review - written by Ian Thomas Malone

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:

High School, a rite of passage for all American teenagers, can be a daunting experience. Wouldn't it be nice to have a little help along the way? George Tecce, known as The Chief, takes a hiatus from his collegiate adventures to help students navigate through the often daunting labyrinth with his signature oft-kilter enlightening comedy. No topic is off limits as The Chief breaks down high school for students and parents discussing such topics as bullying, prom, and the dreaded group project. Refreshingly unique and accessible, Five High School Dialogues is the perfect all-inclusive guide to high school.


(Five High School Dialogues by Ian Thomas Malone)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Ian Thomas Malone on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:

This was one of the most unique forms of writing I have EVER seen. I remember back to a few years ago in english class when we learnt how to write a script. This book was EXACTLY like that! 
I did initially find it a little confusing to read. Through reading this book I found that I really enjoy having insight into what the character is thinking as different events occur. 
The plot itself was quite status quo, for me it didn't really stand out and was a little bit repetitive. 
But aside from that, this book was actually really interesting to view. My eyes have been opened to a whole new form of layout and character portrayal that I wouldn't have ever thought of myself. 
Overall, although this book's content wasn't the most interesting for me, I want to applause the author, Ian Thomas Malone for his creative writing style. 

Star rating (out of 5):
This book was such a unique read and I give it a rating of 2.5/5 stars.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for checking out this review. The author, Ian Thomas Malone, has such a unique writing style and format. Make sure to checkout this book and let me (and the author) know how you feel about it. 
I was requested to read this book by the author. 

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment