Tuesday 22 March 2016

Iron Inheritance review - written by G. R. Fillinger

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Iron Inheritance

Genre:  Young-adult Urban Fantasy
Series Title:  The Blood Artifacts (Book 1 of 5)
Release Date: March 22, 2016 (TODAY! - Happy book birthday!)

The ultimate power lies dormant in her blood … until she spills another’s.


(Book 1 in the Blood Artifacts series: Iron Inheritance by G. R. Fillinger)

Read the full summary and check out other books by G. R. Fillinger on this Goodreads link.


Summary:  
When eighteen-year-old Evelyn Brooks is attacked by a demon-wielding Babylonian, two things happen: she finds out she is a Nephilim with angelic essence and her only remaining family is killed.

In the turmoil and grief that follow, Evelyn discovers a world where the celestial and terrestrial are linked by two secret, angelic societies. She is pulled into their struggle and discovers that her own talents have the capacity to save and destroy.

Will she be able to control her new powers to save her friends? The boy she begins to love? Or will her longing for revenge blind her to the betrayal following her since day one?

Personal opinion on the book:
This book is actually one of the most well written books I have read in a while! The descriptive detail in the book is so great and every word helped in painting an amazingly vivid picture in my mind. 
The main female character is so kick-ass and makes me want to become a ninja warrior! 
I also absolutely LOVE how at the beginning of the book, Ria is so cheerful and happy. Ultimately she is am amazingly well written best friend character. 
As people are probably starting to find out by now, I am the biggest fan of any book that even mentions Greek Mythology and I am happy to say that this book hasn't let me down! 

Quote of the book:
“Then he just ran. I didn’t know where he was going until we saw you.” - Ria

Star rating (out of 5):
I give this amazing book a star rating of 3.5/5 stars. This book was a great mixture of everything and ultimately left me absolutely thrilled to have read it.

Buy links and information
The book will be on sale for $0.99 for the ebook and $9.99 for the paperback during the first week! So make sure to get in fast!

Author links:
Website - www.grfillinger.com  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Firstly, I just want to once again bring attention to how amazing this book is and how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. 
Secondly, I would like to congratulate G. R. Fillinger and wish his book, Iron Inheritance, a happy book birthday! 

It is so wonderful that I got to be apart of getting this book out into the world and I hope that you all enjoy this book as much as I did!
Make sure to check this book out and all the best for G. R. Fillinger in the future!

Until next time, keep reading!
- Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment