Thursday 3 March 2016

Curse of the Sphinx review - written by Raye Wagner

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
Running is hard, especially when you don't know what is chasing you. Hope has been running her whole life, from school to school, town to town. What happens when Hope's mum is taken from her and she has to find her way in a world full of Greek mythology and magic?



(Book 1 in the Sphinx series: Curse of the Sphinx by Raye Wagner)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Raye Wagner on this Goodreads link.

Giveaway:
Win a FREE copy of Curse of the Sphinx and an ARC of Demigods and Monsters below!


Personal opinion of the book:
This is the first time I have ever done this, but I actually didn't finish reading the book before I needed this post up! I am only about 50 pages in.... BUT, I am absolutely IN LOVE with this book! It is easy to say that this book is already a new favorite of mine and that I just cannot wait to read the rest of it! So far I have found out about how Hope is a Sphinx and how Aiden (I think that is his name) is the some of Apollo or Hermes (sorry I have only just started the book and am not positive which one it is! Which is actually really bad, cause I know that one of them are actually evil...). Hope's mum has been killed/or possibly banished... And since YA Bound Book Tours and the publisher/author of this book are amazing! I have been able to read a few excerpts! And because this is a fantastic book! I just HAD to share one of my favorite excerpts with you all! SO enjoy and make sure to enter the giveaway to win a copy of Curse of the Sphinx and an ARC of Demigods and Monsters!

Books in the series:
  1. Curse of the Sphinx
  2. Demigods and Monsters 
Star rating (out of 5):
I give this book a rating of 5/5 stars. I am the biggest fan in the universe of Greek mythology! I just cannot get enough of ancient history! This book was so frickin amazing and I haven't even finished it yet! (I know! Bad Shelbi!) But I already know just from the premise of the book that it is a 5/5 star book!

Excerpt from the book:
She swallowed. “I thought I made it clear that I’m not. Interested, I mean. In friends, or dating.”
“But why not?” He took a step toward her, and his voice softened. “Will you just . . . let me be your friend?”
“I’m not looking for friends.”
 “Well, I am.”
 Hope snorted. “I’ve seen your parade of friendships over the last week.” She grimaced. “I’m not interested in cuddling in the library, or meeting you at my locker.”
He chuckled. “That is not what I meant. Besides, not one of those girls was looking for friendship.” He tipped his head at her. “For being so uninterested, you sure notice a lot.”

“Noticing and caring are hardly the same thing.” 


Some promotional video's for Curse of the Sphinx:

Apollo’s Favorite Things:


Revenge with Artemis:


Cupcakes with the Moirai (The Fates) :


Raye Wagner and the Greek Gods:



Greek Mythological Monster Spotted:


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thank you so much for reading this review. I know that it is only short, but school is absolutely hectic at the moment, it is so hectic that I couldn't even finish this book before I had to post the review! I seriously just want to pause time on an overcast rainy day, turn on the air conditioning (cause Australia is HOT) and read 1000 books in one sitting! 
Anyway, back to assignments I go!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment