Tuesday 17 January 2017

Book Girl Talks the Movie – Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

In March of last year, I read the first book in the Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children series. And I really liked it, awarding it a 5/5-star rating, it’s pretty obvious that I was going to watch the movie as soon as it came out.
So, this is my discussion, thoughts and feelings on the movie compared to the book.



It has taken me approximately five months to write up this discussion about the movie...  B U T! It is most definitely not because I hated the movie or anything! In fact, I feel the exact opposite and really enjoyed and liked this movie.
But I just happened to have forgotten about writing this post up until now... Sorry!

Anyway, this movie actually had many aspects that I liked more than the book. For example, when it came to Jake finding out about the children’s home and finally leaving to go to the island, it progressed at a much quicker pace. I found this more enjoyable than the book.

It took about half the book for Jake to find all the clues and persuade his parents and phycologist to go to the children’s home on this faraway island. So, I must say the movie actually gets bonus points there!

One thing that I was really confused and annoyed about when it came to the movie was the fact that Emma had the wrong powers (or peculiarity – if you have read the book or watched the movie, you’ll understand what I am talking about)! I just don’t understand why you would change Emma from having fire powers to being as light as air! It is just W R O N G!


Another thing that I found a little weird about these books was the fact that the ending was wayyyyyy off... Like I seriously just sat there and was like: “Umm, what in the world is going on?!”

Basically, the ending was pretty C R A Z Y! They just mushed all three books into the ending. Leaving no reason for a second movie to ever be made. And it was weird as heck! I can say on behalf of book lovers everywhere that the ending was a crazy and messed up hellish excuse of a book-to-movie adaptation!

Overall, this movie didn’t live up to my expectations. None the less, the movie was still good and I would recommend watching it. But obviously, read the book!


Bloggers Note:
Thank you so much for reading this BGTTM post! Let me know if you actually enjoy reading these posts and if you do, I will start to post them more often!
Anyway, I hope you are all having a fabulous new year and are reading some great books!

Until next time, keep reading!

-Shelbi 

No comments:

Post a Comment