Monday 6 February 2017

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken | Book Review


The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Overview of the Book:
After setting the scene with a multitude of well placed and relevant flashbacks, Bracken takes the reader on a journey through a world where children are rather killed off by a terrifying illness, or they become enhanced with super-human abilities.
Divided by their abilities, Ruby has lived six years pretending to be something she isn’t. But when she is broken out of one of the many ‘prison like’ training camps. She must learn to survive, master her powers and place her loyalties in the right hands.
This book is such an incredible book, so just click ‘read more’ to see my review!


General Opinions (Non-Spoilers):
I was an emotional wreck after finishing this book.

No joke, I actually had tears in my eyes.

Regardless of the soul-crushing, life-changing and bittersweet ending. I actually loved this book, taking a total of 2 days to read, it’s no surprise that this is probably one of my favourite books I have read this year.

No joke. This book is amazing.

The atmosphere of this book reminds me a little bit of all the best parts of The 5th Wave, combined with Spark, to make the greatest love child of all time.
The first book that I had read by Alexandra Bracken was Passenger, and to be quite honest, I really did not like it. However, after having my friend forcefully throw all the books in The Darkest Minds series at me (shout out to Zoe), I decided to give her writing another go. I cannot elaborate how glad I am that I did!

This book is downright beautiful, written incredibly and is probably my favourite thing I have read in a while!

General Opinions (Spoilers):
I decided that the only way to describe my emotion at the end of this book would be through a meme...


So yea. Liam. He umm, he left. AND I AM SOOOOO NOT OKAY!
He is the cutest little bae, he just wants to take care of everyone and make everyone happy and save the world. And my poor little baby is just walking around and has no memory of ANYTHING!

HOW COULD I NOT BE IN TEARS?!?

But. My little Liam is safe. And that is all that matters!

I actually grew to really love all of the characters in this book. Zu, Chubs, Liam, Ruby and even Clancy. (Yes, I know Clancy is the ‘bad guy’ at the end of this book. But I still found him cute and misunderstood!)
The way that there were flashbacks and development of the characters powers and life, just really made the book all the more amazing!
I cannot highly recommend this book enough, but it is so incredibly good!

The Verdict – Star Rating:
Well, if it isn’t obvious by now, with all of my fan girling and memes, I give this book the highest rating of 5/5 stars!

Seriously, this book was so fast paced, with just the right amount of action, I fell in-love with everything about it!


Bloggers Note:
Look at how cute this fan art is! I don’t know who drew this, but massive shout out and credit to them! This is just the actual CUTEST THING!
(Also is it just me, or do these cute characters kind of remind you of Percy Jackson and Camp Half Blood... Because Clancy looks a bit like Percy and Ruby looks like she is wearing a CHB shirt and Liam looks a little like Luke... Just thinking...)


Anyway, thanks so much for checking out this post! I am sorry I haven’t posted much lately! Got into a bit of a book reading and blogging slump. BUT I’M BACK!


Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi 

No comments:

Post a Comment