Friday 10 February 2017

Uprooted by Naomi Novik | Book Review


Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Overview of the Book:
A modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast, mixed with an evil forest, a sorcerer called the Dragon and a girl who was not meant to be the chosen one. This book has one of the most unique twists of this classic fairy-tale that we all know and love.

To find out more about this book, just click ‘read more’ and enjoy my review! :)


General Opinion:
First thing, these are the actual most frickin hardest names in the WHOLE WORLD to pronounce! Like I cannot for the life of me even begin to pronounce these names! So I came up with nicknames like: A, Dragon, Bird Man, Blonde Hulk, Ass Prince, Mean Queen, Dumb King and a few others... Don’t get me wrong! I actually love just how unique these names are, but I just wish I could actually pronounce it...
Otherwise, when it actually came to the book, I found that it was a bit of a letdown.
I have honestly heard such amazing reviews about this book, and although it had a really cool storyline and setting. I didn’t like the characters at all.
The Dragon was a sexist, abusive and arrogant male lead. And I feel like the reason for him to take the girls was so wrong! I don’t care that it was to help them develop their magical powers, it was wrong and a bit disjointed from the story.
The main female lead, whose name is too difficult to type, so we will just call her A. She was stupid, headstrong, didn’t think things through, weak and put up with being abused. One thing I liked about her was the way that she fought to save the people she cared about. But even then, I felt like she was being way too impulsive.
And basically, I didn’t like any of the other characters... This book didn’t really have any saving grace characters or any humor.
Basically, this book had a pretty cool story line. But it wasn’t executed to its full potential.

The Verdict – Star Rating:
This book, although a bit chewy, had an amazing storyline. Overall, this book was definitely not one of my favourites. So I give this book a rating of 2.5/5 stars.


Bloggers Note:
I’m sorry if there is a bit of difficulty and confusion relating to finding my blog! I have just set up a new URL, (one that is actually the same as my blog’s name) and I am still working out a few glitches. Thanks for checking out this review and be sure to keep an eye out for some fun future posts!

Until next time, keep reading!

-Shelbi 

No comments:

Post a Comment