Friday 3 March 2017

Slammed by Colleen Hoover | Book Review


Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Overview of the Book:
I never thought I would like poetry, I never thought I would have a book impact me in the way that this one did. But sometimes, the unexpected happens. We cannot have control over the uncontrollable.
With the most uncontrollable thing being the matters and feelings of the heart. So when I say that my heart adored this book. That’s not something to take lightly.


General opinion:
Now to make this clear, i am in no way going to spoil and ruin the entire book in this review. So the major plot twist will remain a mystery... However, trust me when I say that this book is 110% worth the read.
The characters were so unique compared to other romance books I have read. They are not self-centred and immature. Instead, they enjoy slam poetry and accept responsibility with open arms.
I literally liked every person in this book. Lake was such a strong female lead. And Will is the ultimate book boyfriend. All of the supporting characters sound like such amazing people and I would be so interested in reading a book based off Eddie and her boyfriend’s love story (spoiler: they feel in love when she ran over him with a car!).

I am having a little bit of a hard time with writing this review. Mostly because I cannot begin to fathom how I can put all of my emotions into words.
I am inspired. To live life, prepare for the future, write and read, enjoy poetry and to just live.
This book was actually so incredibly amazing and I loved it with my entire being.
I recommend this book with the up most confidence that everyone will adore it just as much as i did.

The Verdict (Star Rating):
With this book sweeping my in to its pages from the very first line. An engaging storyline that hit the spot and the ability to bring tears to my eyes.
It is pretty obvious that I am going to give this book a rating of 5/5 stars!

This book was down right one of my favourite romance books of all time! I loved everything about it! 


Bloggers Note:
Sorry for being MIA lately, I was having a bit of a reading slump. But trust me this beautiful book has inspired me to write more posts, read more books and even try out poetry!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi 

No comments:

Post a Comment