Tuesday 3 January 2017

My Blog Turns One! | Book Haul!

Today, exactly one year ago, I wrote my first blog post. And since then my blog has received 5,089 views! This has easily been one of the biggest highlight of my year, and I am so happy to be able to share my love for reading!
So although initially unplanned, I went on a full book-shopping day with my bestie! (Secret shout out to Zoe, because I know you will probably stalk me...)
We spent a solid three hours buying book and eating a lot of food. It was probably the best way to spend my blog’s anniversary!
Therefore, I decided that I will conduct a mini book haul to let you all know of some amazing books, as well as what I brought!


Uprooted by Naomi Novik
This book is about a little town that is positioned near a dark (and very evil) forest. Basically for some unknown reason, the people in this town are little thrill-seekers and like the possibility of dying if they are to leave their house...? So they need protection. And they get this protection from someone called “The Dragon,” yes, this is a very dramatic name – obviously ‘Fred’ wouldn’t be as intimidating. And as far as I know he need to have a girl from the town come and live with him on this big hill if he is going to keep on protecting these people. These people must have epic houses that they live in, because honestly, I would probably just dump that house and move on... And when “The Dragon” dare you to say that in a deep and echoy voice! wants the next girl to come and live with him, it is expected that he will take the main protagonist’s BFF. But nope, he takes the main protagonist. Shocker right? And the story goes from there.
I honestly this this story sounds A M A Z I N G! And I am seriously going to start reading it ASAP!


The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
This book was actually brought for me from by book-shopping buddie – Zoe. She basically brought it for me and shoved it straight into my face. I guess favourite books can do that to people, but I wouldn’t know anything about that...
This book is perfect for anyone who loves ancient history. And as far as I know, this doesn’t actually have the main character’s breakout into song, but who knows, I haven’t read it yet... It’s about Patroclus who is outcast and how him and Achilles become something more than friends. I think it sounds really cute yet heartbreaking and I will probably read it V E R Y soon.


Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
The amount of fan-girling that I have done over this author and her amazing books is actually quite embarrassing... But who cares when there are super-hot aliens and magical powers? But this book is told with a twist, it’s in the male lead’s POV. By the way, POV means point of view. And I love this character! He is such a witty and extraordinarily sassy alien! Enough said.


Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige 
Well... I have only just found out that Yellow Brick War is actually book 3 in the Dorothy Must Die series, and not actually book 1... So I guess although this book was only $5, I still need to go out and buy the first two books in the series. Fail Shelbi! But regardless, this series still sounds amazing! With the good being bad and the bad being good, Dorothy is the villain in this book. So as soon as I buy the other books in this series, I will be super eager to read this one!


The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
This book takes place in a world where women are auctioned off as slaves and for breeding rights. They are scarce and on the run. Aya has avoided capture, but when her luck runs out, she must prove that the term ‘fighting for your life’ really stands for.

I actually haven’t heard of this book up until now, but I thought that it sounded pretty cool and would be a bit of a girl power book. Although it sounds really horrible what happens with the females, the main character Aya has a frickin’ wolf as a pet! That is so cool! Let’s just say a cute wolf pup and I am sold!


Bloggers Note:
I just wanted to finish off this post with saying how much it means to me to be able to sit down and be able to write about books. Books have always been one of my biggest passions and having received such amazing support and encouragement over the past year has mean so much to me.

So thank you for the year that has been and I look forward to the year to come!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi 

No comments:

Post a Comment