Friday 5 February 2016

The Girl and the Gargoyle review - written by Pauline Gruber



Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
Lucy is half demon - half witch, with a gargoyle boyfriend, a demon best friend, a demon dad and a witch living up stairs... To say her life is a little crazy is understatement of the millennium. When crazy events start happening and drastic measures need to be taken, will Lucy and her friends be able to survive?




(Book 2 in The Girl and the Raven series: The Girl and the Gargoyle by Pauline Gruber)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Pauline Gruber on this Goodreads link.



Personal opinion on the book:
Well firstly, I must let all you know that I actually haven’t read the first book in this amazing fantasy series. Although this is the case, I found that this book was quite capable to be read as a standalone.
This book had a really great story line and the characters were very well written. In this book I actually didn’t really like who the main female chose to date, sure, I haven’t read the first book with their relationship development … But I still feel as though Lucy and Dylan could have made a cute couple (when Dylan wasn’t acting like a jerk).
Pauline Gruber, wrote this book so very well and I must say that I really loved escaping into this world of supernatural creatures.
The story itself was really engaging and I was up every night reading this book until I completed this book all too fast.

Overall, this book was a fantastic and fast read. This book will satisfy all of those fantasy lovers out there. 

Books in the series:
  1. The Girl and the Raven 
  2. The Girl and the Gargoyle
  3. The Girl and the Demon 

(Book 1 in The Girl and the Raven series: The Girl and the Raven by Pauline Gruber)

Read the full summary on this Goodreads link.


If you like... then try...:

If you enjoyed The Girl and the Raven series I HIGHLY recommend picking up the first book in the Dark Elements series! This series is similarly based around gargoyles and supernatural creatures - such as demons and witches! I absolutely adore both of these series and if you like one you will differently like the other!

Read the full summary of the first book in the Dark Elements series, White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armatrout on this Goodreads link.


Star rating (out of 5):
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and found that although I had not read the first in the series, I was still able to enjoy the characters and story line immensely. That's why I gave this book a rating of 4.1/5 stars. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Interview with Pauline Gruber:

Tell us a little about yourself. How long have you been writing? What genre do you write?
I’ve been writing “seriously” for five years, although I’ve been dabbling most of my life. I write paranormal romance, fantasy adventure, contemporary romance, and science fiction for young adults. <LOL> Maybe it would it be easier to list what I don’t write. Dystopian, steampunk, and horror.

Where do you get your inspiration from?
The inspiration for The Girl and the Raven came while I was falling asleep one night and then it proceeded to rob me of sleep for a week. A sixteen-year-old girl from Tennessee moves to Chicago and is nearly run over by a wealthy investor barrelling down the street. Turns out a demon is coming for the man’s son and this girl is the only one who can save him. It’s an over simplified version of the story, but there it is. I loved writing that story!

Where/When do you do the most of your writing?
I write on the train while commuting to my day job. It’s fabulous because I can either plug in my earbuds and listen to one of my music mixes on my iPod or keep my ears open and eavesdrop on interesting conversations. It’s great fuel for future characters and stories. I also write at my dining room table at home.

How can readers reach you?


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Make sure to read the first book in this amazing series! (I will be doing the same!) This book deserves to be promoted and was a fantastically amazing read!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment