Saturday 13 February 2016

Fire in Frost review - written by Alicia Rades

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
Things start getting strange when Crystal Frost starts seeing a dead girl and her mum tells her she is a physic. Now Crystal has to use her powers to save a life of a girl who doesn't want to be saved. 
With the help of her believer-best friend, her skeptic friend, physic mother and dead girl, Crystal is about to embark on a journey of a lifetime and discover a who new world. 



(Book 1 in the Crystal Frost series: Fire in Frost by Alicia Rades)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Alicia Rades on this Goodreads link


Personal opinion on the book:
This book was a very easy read, I enjoyed the simple plot line and found that it was based on a very creative idea. The charecters themselves were very well written and I did grow to like some charecters more than others. 
This book was basically about a girl who can see ghosts because she is a physic medium. Through being blackmailed by a dead girl's best friend, Crystal found that she is needed to help save a life. 
I really liked this book and I found that it was a pleasant break from the normal supernatural/romance stories that I have come to believe would typically come from a book of this sort. 
The physic story was very cool and meant that the author had more leeway to create a new story. I believe that Alicia Rades took this opportunity in stride and wrote a very interesting and enjoyable book. 

Books in the series:

  1. Fire in Frost
  2. Desire in Frost 
  3. Inspired by Frost 

If you like... then try...:
If you like this book, I recommend reading Mercy by Rebecca Lim. Although these two books are not based around the same premise, they both have the same sort of other-worldly vibe to them. 

Read the full summary of Mercy through  this Goodreads link

Star rating (out of 5):
I give this book a star rating of 4.5/5 stars. I am typically quite a wuss when it comes to books that have ghosts in it, but I really loved this book. Written so incredibly well, deserves the extra 0.5 stars. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for checking out this review, this was a really great book to read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
I am super busy with a bunch of reviews, promo posts and more at the moment, so I am sorry if I haven't been as active as I would like to be. Trust me, I am working on finishing all of my books that I have been sent and get back into posting something a little more fun and interesting than reviews. So keep your eyes on this blog!...

Until next time, keep reading.
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia) 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My pleasure! Your book was amazing and I really enjoyed reading it.

      Delete