Monday 23 May 2016

A Court of Thorns and Roses review - written by Sarah J. Maas

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
Feyre has broken the law. Now that wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a fae law that asked for her life in return. 
After killing an immortal creature, Feyre is required to be killed... Or go and live with the mysterious masked Tamlin. Caught in a world of magic and evil, Feyre may be the only one who can save it...


(A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Sarah J. Maas on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:
The only reason why I even started reading this book is because I got given it as a Christmas present last year, and after all of the hype about the second book coming out I decided that I may as well start reading it. And let me just say, that this book was truly the best thing ever! The plot was completely unique, and I know that it was said to have had an underlying story of Beauty and the Beast. But this book has carved it's own legacy. 
The female lead, Fayre was so kick ass and is actually the most loyal and feisty character that I have read about in ages! Lets just say that if I was to go through any of the things she did I would probably die. She was the most quick witted, quick minded and just gosh dang best character
I gotta say that in the middle of the book I was the biggest Tamlin and Fayre shipper - but as soon as we met Rhys I jumped off the plank and swam through shark infested waters just so I could come to the Rhys and Fayre ship! 
Rhys is just the best. I don't want to go into too much detail (I am saving that for my review of A Court of Mist and Fury) but long story short. I have found my one true love. 
Overall, this book was incredible and is easy my favorite book series I have read this year! 

Star rating (out of 5):
This book was truly incredible to read and I am so happy that I have been able to experience this beautifully, well-written book! This book gets a star rating of 5/5 stars!

Books in the series:
  1. A Court of Thorns and Roses
  2. A Court of Mist and Fury
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Okay so firstly I just have to apologist for how this review has probably been written. I actually FINISHED A Court of Mist and Fury before I even started writing this review. To be honest, this is probably my favorite series EVER!
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that ALL of my opinions about this book are probably a (lot) bias...

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

1 comment:

  1. I just finished this and I completely agree with everything you've said. This was such a satisfying sequel, and I am so glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous review! <3

    ReplyDelete