Tuesday 10 May 2016

Glass Sword review - written by Victoria Aveyard

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
After surviving after posing as a silver princess, Mare Borrow must learn that she is red in the blood, but silver in her abilities. Now she must form an army of 'new bloods' to fight with her. Caught in the middle of two brothers, one will stop at nothing to get her, and the other cannot even look at her...


(Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Victoria Aveyard on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:
To be honest, this actually wasn't my favorite book - yet at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about it. Does anyone ever feel the same? As soon as I had finished the first book I NEEDED to read this one. But now that I have completed this book I feels as though I probably won't finish the series... I know that a LOT of people adore this series, but I am just not really feeling it. I felt as though the whole book Mare just made bad decisions and kind of messed things up. 
I LOVE her brother and Maven, Shade is such a great character and Maven was just the sassiest little prince EVER! In this book Shade was really under appreciated... 
Like when Mare just left Shade to get beat up by a gang of brutal fishermen, I just lost all respect for her! 
Basally, don't kill me for saying I didn't enjoy this book that much. I will probably follow the series - just so I know what happens with Maven, but Cal and Mare left me really disappointed. 

Star rating (out of 5):
This book was okay... but wasn't my favorite. So I would have to give it a star rating of 2.8/5 stars. 

Books in the series:
  1. Red Queen
  2. Glass Sword 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am so happy that I finally have time to get back too my blog! I have finished a bunch of my assignments and have a few weeks before all my exams! So be prepared for a LOT of blog posts! 

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)


No comments:

Post a Comment