Wednesday 11 May 2016

Shatter Me review - written by Tahereh Mafi

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
Juliette has never touched another person... At least never touched another person without them dropping dead. 
Outcast from the crumbling society of a futuristic word, she is shocked when a boy is thrown into her cell inside an insane asylum. 
Finally released from her prison, only to return to another one, Juliette will whatever it takes to earn her freedom and save the man she loves. But is she willing to kill to do so?


(Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Tahereh Mafi on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:
I brought this book as a free e-book about 3-4 years ago. Basically it is one of those books that you just keep on coming back to. And I think... I think it is time to take the leap. I am going to buy this book in paper-back form. 
Now I have adored this book since FOREVER and just the other day my friend and I were on a 40 minute fitness run/walk for school PE, we literally talked about this book for the WHOLE TIME! 
This book is really THAT GOOD! 
The book itself is actually quite short and follows a simple plot line, but the amazing detail and description is INCREDIBLE! 
Both of the male love interests are pretty snazzy. And Juliette is great in the first book. 
After I finished this first book (for like the 7th time) I decided that I would take the next step and read the second book in the series. 
But, to be honest, I was quite disappointed. It didn't meet my expectations and really let me down. 
True, I did start reading ACOTAR at the same time as this book, but still, I expected more.
Overall, this book is a favorite of mine. 

Star rating (out of 5):
Because of the fact that I have read this book so many times, the plot was a little predictable, but I still LOVED this book. Overall, a start rating of 4.8/5 stars!

Books in the series:
  1. Shatter Me
  2. Unravel Me
  3. Ignite Me
Novella's - Destroy Me, Fracture Me (Collective name: Unite Me)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I need to share my excitement, I have been contacted by ANOTHER author and am getting sent out ANOTHER book to review! I also happened to win an ARC of a book on twitter. So lets say I am pretty happy with my (future) book haul!
I am also going shopping tomorrow with my friend and am going to buy ACOMAF!!!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment