Sunday 19 June 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury review - written by Sarah J. Maas

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
After risking her life to save the man she loved and all of the fae world, Feyre is having to deal with her new immortal body as well as the consequences for what happened under the mountain. With loyalties and love changing Feyre must decide what role she is going to play in the upcoming war. As well as who's side she will be on and who she will stand as. 


(A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Sarah J. Maas on this Goodreads link.

Personal opinion on the book:
First I just want to say that these characters names are so fricken unique! They are so unique that I cannot even say them! Basically my friends and I are talking about books, I bring up the ACOTAR series and try and talk about the main characters, and all I can say is Tamlin. And I DON'T EVEN LIKE TAMLIN! All I want to talk about is Rhys and Feyre, but alas! My inability to speak english words makes it downright impossible to say their names... 

ANYWAY! Lets get on to talking about how amazing this book was!!!
I have actually been putting off writing this review for about seven weeks. It's not that I don't like the book! Hell I LOVE IT! But I am having trouble putting into written word how much I adored this book! 
And to be honest, I feel as though I will NEVER be able to do this book justice. But hey! I'm going to try!
So, before I get into the actual review, bare with me while I show you this adorable picture that I found. (Credit to whoever made the image - it is so amazing!)


And now that I have shown you this amazing picture, I will now go on to talk about this image - and the resulting ship! 
So the way that I view the book is that the only thing worth talking about is Rhys and Feyre! 
So, towards the end of the first book in that ACOTAR series, I was innocently sitting on twitter and found a tweet where someone said something along the lines of "so now I have finished the ACOTAR series, I HATE Tamlin!" And that made me doubt how much I liked Tamlin. So I got to thinking and came to the conclusion that although Tamlin did love Feyre, in the ACOMAF book, he came across as possessive and a bit sexist. 
But then, insert Rhys *swoon* he was just the sun on a cloudy day and MADE THE BOOK! 
He is officially my favorite book boyfriend and is the best character ever! He was there for Feyre when she needed him (even if she didn't think that his help was needed). 
And I curse (yet praise) Sarah J. Maas for setting my expectations so high! 

Basically, I adore this book and Sarah J. Maas' writing style. Overall, this book deserves a huge star rating of like 1 million out of 5 stars. 

Star rating (out of 5):
This book was truly incredible to read and I am so happy that I have been able to experience this beautifully, well-written book! This book gets a star rating of 5/5 stars! And also gets the title of one of my top 5 books I have read this year!

Books in the series:
  1. A Court of Thorns and Roses
  2. A Court of Mist and Fury
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It is now school holidays!!! So I can now write up so many posts! I have a bunch of things in mind, and cannot wait for you to see them! 
Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for some really exciting posts!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment