Monday 18 April 2016

Rebel of the Sands review - written by Alwyn Hamilton

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review!

I received this book in a YA Chronicles subscription box. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
To escape the place Amani has called 'home' all her life, she must trust a stranger, believe in magic and become a rebel of the sands...


(Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Alwyn Hamilton on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:
I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this book, I really only started to read it because I wanted a nice short and easy read. But literally the first paragraph won me over. My favorite quote of the book (below) is what drew me in. I love it when there is a female character who is kick-ass and sassy! And the main character in this book was truly incredible to read. I am so happy that I have read this book. 
To be honest, this book has actually inspired me to try and start writing my own book. Because I had the biggest book-hangover after finishing this book I wanted to try and create my own world... So keep an eye out to read about that...
I am a little sad that the date for the next book isn't even set yet... But I will wait as long as it takes! I LOVED THIS BOOK!
But back to this amazing book! Not only does it have an incredibly beautiful cover that is so nice and shiny (and really hard to take pictures of!), but it is also written incredibly well. The world in this story is set in the desert (obviously) and has incredible elements of magic and mystery incorporated into it. 
Overall, lets just say this is one of my all time favorite books! 

Quote of the book:
I wasn’t up to no good. Then again, I wasn’t exactly up to no bad neither. - Amani
Star rating (out of 5):
This book has left me in a two week (and still going) book hangover. This book is so amazing and I am so happy to have read it! So I give this amazing book a star rating of 5/5 stars. LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING! I just had to say that one more time! This is actually my favorite book (at present) and I am ligit in the biggest reading slump after this book! 
I cannot say enough just how much I LOVED this book and still LOVE it once the story is over!
Also keep in mind that I have some very awesome bookish goodies coming your way! So keep and eye out!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment