Monday 29 February 2016

Black Lotus review - written by Claire Warner

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
Melisa's debut is a memorable one to say the least. When she meets a handsome stranger, with a reputation the proceeds him, she will do whatever it takes to find out his secrets. But is she ready for what she discovers... 


(Book 1 in the Night Flower series: The Black Lotus by Claire Warner)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Anita Oh on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion of the book:
The Black Lotus was such a well written book! I really loved the way that the story developed. It didn’t feel as though any part of the plot was rushed.
The way that the character’s speech was written was absolutely incredible! All posh, old world English was used. And I absolutely adored it!
The whole premise of the book was so well thought out and I was very amazed/impressed by the well thought out background story.
At first I wasn’t sure about some of the characters, they were a little sketchy… o_0

But overall, the story line was incredibly unique, the character development was great and I really enjoyed this book.

Books in the series:
  1. Black Lotus 
  2. Blood Orchid
Star rating (out of 5):
I give this book a rating of 3/5 stars. I really enjoyed reading this book, but I found that that looking back on the book, not much has actually happened over the duration of the story. Overall, a really unique book that I would recommend to anyone. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thank you so much for reading this review. I know that it is only short, but school is absolutely hectic at th moment, I really enjoyed this book and am so upset about the EVIL cliff-hanger that Claire Warner left! I am looking forward to the next book!

Until next time, keep reading!
-Shelbi (Book Ambrosia)

No comments:

Post a Comment