Sunday 28 May 2017

Down the TBR Hole... #1

Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!
It works like this:
○ Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
○ Order on ascending date added.
○ Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
○ Read the synopses of the books
○ Decide: keep it or should it go?


Hi all, it has seriously been FOREVER since I have been able to write up a blog post. But I hope that is about to change.
When I am not reading, blogging, scrolling through bookstagram or thinking about books, I love to stalk other people’s Goodreads and try to find new book to add to my never ending TBR. To clarify, I have a LOT of books on Goodreads.
When I was going through bookish weekly posts and saw this, I knew it was the right thing to post on my blog. Lia from Lost in a Story started this meme/tag and you should go and check out her original post HERE!
Now let’s get started!

Book 1: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I have heard very contrasting things about this book. One person says that they love it and I HAVE to read it. While the next says it’s a bit childish...
I am a big fan of making a decision about overly-hyped books on my own, so I have to say:
KEEP IT.

Book 2: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

I actually got this book for Christmas and totally forgot I even owned it... But obviosly I want to read it and I actually think it may be one of my next reads. It’s pretty obvious that I will:
KEEP IT.

Book 3: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

True enough, I actually have no idea what this book is about... But let me try and validate myself by saying it looks cute.... Teehee :)
I just read the Goodreads synopsis and I wasn’t sure about this one. But then I saw the words ‘snappy banter’ and was SOLD!
KEEP IT.

Book 4: The Selection by Kiera Cass

Umm, HELL YAS! I am never not going to want to read this book! I have heard amazing things about it and I am actually saving up to buy it as a box set!
Yes, I am THAT person, but I love the idea of this book and actually have a whole blog post about this! You can check it out HERE! 
KEEP IT.

Book 5: Legend by Marie Lu

I’m not even exaggerating when I say MILLIONS of people tell me to read this book! So, to ensure that I don’t have people throw this book at me the next time I see them, yes, I will read Legend! (Plus, it also sounds really cool!)
KEEP IT.


Thank you so much for checking out this post. It was actually so fun to put together. Although I so far haven't cut down any books from my Goodreads TBR, there is always next week!
If you would like to follow me and see what books I’m currently reading and adding to my TBR, just check out THIS LINK!

Until next time, keep reading!
- Shelbi 

No comments:

Post a Comment