Thursday 14 January 2016

The Truth Spell review - written by Anita Oh

Attention! This review may contain spoilers that could reveal the story line or events that occur over the duration of the book. If this does not bother you, or if you would just like to get a better feel of what this book is about before you read it, please feel free to carry on and enjoy this review. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quick overview:
The second that Lucy set foot on her new school grounds, she knows that she didn't belong. With a social hierarchy like nothing she has ever seen before, all she wants to do is work hard and slip under the radar. But all that goes down the drain when she see's someone who is meant to be dead and she pisses off the most popular boy in school. When something mysterious happens and nobody can lie, Lucy will stoop at nothing to find answers. 
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

(Book 1 in the Werewolf High series: The Truth Spell by Anita Oh)

Read the full summary and check out other books by Anita Oh on this Goodreads link.


Personal opinion on the book:
The first thing I have to say about this book is that it was too short! I seriously NEED MORE! The book was so great that I legitimately finished it in under 4 hours! I absolutely loved this book and it was a really different werewolf story, but because it was different it made it all the more better! 
I loved Lucy and her sassy comments that she would make. I also loved her determination and the way she was set on getting somewhere and to do something good with her life. 
This is going to sound kind of weird, but this book kind of reminded me of Barbie: Princess Charm School. Yes I know, the shame that I should feel about admitting to watching a Barbie movie... But when you get down to it the two just reminded me of each other. (Although a secret between you and me... I liked this book way more than I did the Barbie movie!)
This is the second book that I have read in two days that has left me confused about which ship I am going to join! This is getting really annoying, I need Anita Oh to create characters that aren't so lovable because it is really hard to pick who Lucy is going to end up with!
I must praise Anita Oh on the great detail she uses in this book. I seriously have such a clear picture of what the school looks like in my head. Even down to the little things, Anita Oh's writing was great. 
I would recommend this book for younger teens as it was an easy read and didn't have the most complex story line. Although it did keep you on the edge of your seat the whole book. 
Overall, this was a really great, quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. 

Quote of the book:
My heart was his and it always had been. - Lucy 
Books in the series:

  1. The Truth Spell
  2. The Tiny Curse 

If you like... then try...:
If you liked the Werewolf High series I recommend reading the Gallagher Girl's series by Ally Carter. Both of these books are set at a private boarding school, and both of these schools are not what they appear to be... 

Read the full summary of the first book in the Gallagher Girl's series, I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter on this Goodreads link.


Star rating (out of 5):

I would have to give this book a rating of 4/5 stars. The book was written very well and had great character development, I really grew attached to some of the characters. I am looking forward to reading the next book. Overall, a really memorable book that sets expectations high for all werewolf novels. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thank you so much for reading this review. I have to say a HUGE thank you to YA Bound Book Tours for organizing for me to read and review this book! This book was a fantastic read. Please go and show your support for this author by purchasing this book on Amazon

Until next time, keep reading!
-novel.book.blog

No comments:

Post a Comment